Tuesday, March 3, 2009

2.27.09 - 3.3.09 - Hell and Back

This is what I was wearing on Friday, Feb. 27th.. We had a Restaurant Week dinner reservation with several other couples Uptown that evening, and I was looking so forward to it...

This is also what I was wearing when my Husband called to say he had just been laid off from the job that has allowed us to live very comfortably... (and, thank God, build up a very nice savings..) I canceled dinner..

This is pretty much what we both wore for the weekend.... well, this and a big glass of something boozey...
3.2.09 - This is what I wore to my first day back out in the real world after being holed up all weekend... only because I HAD to get out of the jammies tho..


3.3.09 - And this is what I am wearing today... there are record breaking high temps here today.. I am TRYING to keep things "normal" - do the menu blog, the wardrobe blog, the things that made me happy before...





3 comments:

  1. I am so sorry to hear about your husband. I got laid off last November and my husband got laid off in December. So I know it can be tough news, but I'm glad to hear you have savings. A lot of people dont and we would not have made it without. I'm working again, but he has not found anything. Good luck to you.

    And on a lighter note, those black wedge mary janes are fabulous, where did you get them?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wedgie mary janes were good old Payless (you could pay more, but why?) - they are about a year old, tho...
    Congrats on your job, and good luck to your husband as he searches...

    ReplyDelete